Zone N bring? Well, the big:
Well, the find count falls in what's become "normal" for Zone N after a week. So, for now I'm going with #2.
- Building materials: 5
- Foam/Styrofoam: 19
- Fishing misc.: 2 (bit of fishing line, bit of plastic coating from lobster trap cage)
- Food-related plastics: 27 (inc. Capri Sun bag, Ritz cracker wrapper, another peanut-butter cracker wrapper, a Nature's Valley granola bar wrapper end, chip bag, 7 straw wrappers, 1 straw, ketchup pack)
- Food-related metal/glass: 10
- Non-food/unknown plastics: 29 (inc. measuring cup-as-sand-castle-maker, angel Silly Band, backpack buckle, mauled bottlecap ring, 5 shards of broken, aged hard plastic, pail handle)
- Cigarette filters/plastics: 125 (all cig filters - wet bag makes source unknown)
- Paper/wood: 20 (inc. Bazooka Joe cartoon, "Great Taste" ice-cream cone wrapper, someone's name & phone # written on a scrap, half-burned cardboard kindling from a bonfire, remains of egg carton like that found on July 6)
- Misc./unique: 9 (7 firework pieces, 1 rubber strip, 1 nylon strap)
On to Zone S, where the evidence of the previous night's huge tides was hard to miss:
tide charts. Waves washed some 35 ft further up the beach than typical, in places nearly reaching the dunes.
Even with such a compressed beach, this was mostly a usual haul:
- Building materials: 3
- Foam/Styrofoam: 2
- Fishing misc.: 1 (large fishing lure - complete with 6 insanely sharp, garbage bag-eating prongs until I clipped them off)
- Food-related plastics: 1 (a straw)
- Food-related metal/glass: 1 (a wrapper)
- Non-food/unknown plastics: 11 (inc. a stick-on K and M, purple seahorse mold, heart-shaped child's barrette, shotgun shell)
- Cigarette filters/plastics: 23 (all filters, bag wet, couldn't tell source)
- Paper/wood: 2
- Misc./unique: 1 (bit of sea glass)
My big nugget for this week: Summer waves giveth, not taketh away.