And back with far too many collection reports to catch up on. In the interest of at least getting them done, please excuse the brevity of the next several, starting with this.
Friday, June 21. 3:15PM. Going on low-tide. Bright sunshine, a few clouds, mild breeze.
In the end, a calm week. Much of the plastic I found lay higher up, possibly teased out from the very last rotting of winter's wrack.
The haul for the day:
|28 pcs of rope, about 25 ft total|
|124 pcs of nonrope debris|
- Bldg material/furniture: 0
- Foam/styrofoam: 0
- Fishing rope/net: 28
- Fishing misc.: 73 (52 vinyl trap coating scraps, 3 bumpers/cleats, 3 bait bags, trap tag, 4 trap parts, 9 claw bands, balled-up fishing line)
- Food-related plastics: 13 (bottle scrap, bottlecap seal, 7 cup scraps, 2 bread tags, one "buttery spread" pack, fork handle)
- Food-related glass/metal: 1 (bottlecap)
- Nonfood/unknown plastics: 16 (waxed floss, hair clip, 2 bandaids, 4 cable ties, cord, lens cover (?), woven material, crate seal, duct tape, 2 end caps, medicine blister pack)
- Scrap plastics: 16 ( 5 > 1" , 11 < 1" )
- Paper/wood: 0
- Non-plastic misc./unique: 5 (4 seaglass, fabric scrap)
Running YTD counts:
- Total pcs of litter -- 4311
- Pcs fishing rope -- 1655
- Vinyl lobster-trap scraps -- 1753